Aurand Manufacturing & Equipment Company
was founded in 1937 by Frank Aurand, and has now been in business for over 80 years. Aurand has been family owned since 1937, and now owned by the Ray Evers family that has built upon the great tradition of manufacturing quality products. The need for the unit was born out of the depression era when surface preparation tools were needed for restoration projects. It was quickly learned that the units were very diverse and had many varied uses, besides the concrete industry, the units are now used to maintain, the U.S. Navy and Coast Guard to remove rust and non-skid from ship surfaces while leaving an excellent profile for the new surface being applied to adhere to.